Sunday 10 July 2016

Back in Queenstown

I have been back in Queenstown for nearly a week and although I have had several banding sessions haven't caught a lot of birds. A session at the neighbours apple orchard was not very successful, all the apples have gone and along with them the Silvereyes. Two sessions here were also not very successful but today with nets up in a different position I was more successful, getting into double figures for the first time.

The combined totals of the 4 sessions was 42 birds of 7 species with 16 new and 26 recaps.
Totals were - (recaps in brackets)
Blackbird - 1
Chaffinch - 2
House Sparrow - 7 (6)
Dunnock - 3 (7)
Greenfinch - 1
Tui - 3 (7) all caught today.
Bellbird - 0 (4) It would almost appear that I have banded most of the local Tui and Bellbird, but I doubt it, probably just the less clever ones.

Sorry no photos, I left my camera in Christchurch.

No comments:

Post a Comment